Skip to main content

Burger House

Burger House
Webster, Texas
1/2 lb. Burger with Bulgoki Sauce
½ Pound Patty, Shredded Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, & Bulgoki Sauce
$6.79

I want to start this review by saying that unfortunately, every critic has to have a ceiling that they compare the good burgers to and a floor to compare the bad burgers too, and this burger seems to have set the criteria for the floor.
Before I dig in to the negativity, I would like to give a disclosure I learned about this particular establishment. This is a Korean Burger place that while it does sell Burgers, is not generally KNOWN for their Hamburgers. Their top selling items are their Veggie Burgers and their Bulgoki Burger which is a sliced Beef sandwich marinated in their Bulgoki sauce. BUT in the spirit of fairness, I had to get a Hamburger to keep the playing field level, and in that arena, they just did not stack up well.
The meat was beyond bland. I actually could not remember a time that I have eaten a more bland patty, it had little to no seasoning. Now after adding a side of the Bulgoki sauce to the burger, it did make it a little bit more appealing, BUT this sauce does not usually come on their burgers, I had to ask for it. The veggies were from a build-it-yourself veggie bar, and were not very fresh which is surprising seeing as how I got there at around 12:30 for lunch. I will however say this, their buns were great. They advertised as baking them fresh daily, and it did taste very fresh and warm.
To add an extra note about this place, the servings they gave were VERY generous for the price of the lunch special and the crinkle cut fries had a very good, what seemed like a cajun seasoning on them that honestly if they would have put on the burger, might have made it better.


VERDICT:  1.5 out of 5 Stars.

And so the Chase continues…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dugout

The Dugout Texarkana, Arkansas Double Header & The Slugger Double Header-2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Single Patty The Slugger-Single with Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Pineapple, Bang Bang Sauce, served on a White Bun $8.99 (Double Header), $6.29 (The Slugger) Over the past few weeks, I have been very busy with work and then on vacation road tripping to Nashville, Tennessee. So naturally on this road trip I had to get some burgers, and I decided to get multiple burgers at each stop to make up for all the weeks that I missed. The first burger I tried was the Double Header. In the easiest way to describe it, this was a burger patty smashed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Now this doesn't seem like the most creative burger in the world, but it was FUN burger. And it was REALLY good. The Dugout is a hidden gem in Texarkana, their burgers are great! Now while I would love to give this burger a lot of points, I have to take into consideratio

Walden War-Tejas Cafe

Tejas Cafe (Mariel's Deli) & (Walden Market) Montgomery, TX Tejas Burger Cheese, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilanto & Chipotle Mayo on a Jalapeno Bun (with Ketchup at Tejas Cafe Walden Market) $7 For this week, I had a friend recommend me a place to go but when looking up the place, I found that there were two of the same name on the same road and when I couldn't get a hold of said friend, I had a very tough decision to make. I either tried one and hoped it was the right one, or I TRY THEM BOTH. I got both, and therefore we have the War on Walden Road between the Two Tejas Cafes. Now both Tejas Cafes are within Shell gast stations on Walden road, one in the Shell that has "Mariel's Deli" and one that has "Walden Market". Before I start, I can tell there is some skepticism, "You want me to eat gas station food?" Trust me, I had THE SAME THOUGHT before I was led to this place, but holy shit was I wrong. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. Ri

Kat'z Deli

Katz's Deli Shenandoah, TX Carnegie Burger Bacon, Nosh Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites, Lettuce, & Tomato $13.99 I want to start by saying Merry Christmas to everyone (or anyone) who has followed me throughout this year and with the year coming to a close, I hope to close out on some strong burgers, and this one did not let me down on that. Katz's Deli is this 24/7 Deli/Restaurant that is in front of my neighborhood and despite driving by it all the time, I never stop, and now i regret it. They had a good selection of creative burgers, but the server said that this one is the most popular and one of his favorites, so I went ahead and took his word for it, and was not let down, but enough gushing over it, let's break it down! First of all, this thing is HUGE. I could only eat about half of it and had to save the rest to go, as you can see from the picture, it's just tall because of not only how thick the patty is, but because of