Skip to main content

Citizen's Grill

Citizen's Grill
Conroe, TX
Citizen's Burger
1/2 Brisket, Short Rib, Sirloin Beef Patty with Spinach Red Onion, Tomato topped with Candied Jalapeno Cream Cheese.
$12.00



Sitting right in between Conroe and Magnolia sits the Citizen's Grill, which I would describe as a more upscale version of Applebee's on my first impression, but after trying the burger, I found that it was so much more, it was actually a very good restaurant.
The burger selection is very limited here (two), but the difference between the two is good enough to get a mention. Their signature burger carries an interesting collage of toppings, but somehow it works for them.
The forefront of this burger and as you can see by the picture, their focal point, is the Candied Jalapeno Cream Cheese. This was a very fresh and new choice for me on my burgers and going into it, I thought that this would be an amazing choice, and I was PRETTY MUCH correct. The taste and spice was great on this and I was thoroughly enjoying most of my bites that had this on it. The only complaint that I had about this cream cheese was that it was REALLY slathered on. It was almost as if they were forcing it down my throat in ever bite, don't get me wrong, it was great flavored, but I would have preferred it in modesty.
The tomato and onion were basic, honestly maybe a little to thickly sliced for my liking, but the spinach leaves were an interesting choice instead of the usual shredded or sliced iceberg lettuce that 90% of burgers have on them, so I really enjoyed the change up they threw here.
The next thing we have to talk about on this burger is the meat, which was AMAZING. The meat patty here is a blend of brisket, short rib, and beef patty and it was just great. It was soft and fell apart when eating and was retained all the grease and juices from when it was cook so it wasn't dry in the slightest. I honestly thing this may have been one of my favorite type of patties that I have had since I have started this and I wish more places would have patties like this. Now to be fair, I do think this kinda tips the spectrum a little as I am supposed to be looking into burgers that are just beef patties, but what are you gonna do?
The burger is very large making it a lot of bang for your buck, I couldn't even finish it and had to immediately take what I had left up to my fiance's work so she could try it. All in all, I don't think anyone could be disappointed with this burger overall.



VERDICT: 4 out of 5 Stars.

And so the Chase continues…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dugout

The Dugout Texarkana, Arkansas Double Header & The Slugger Double Header-2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Single Patty The Slugger-Single with Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Pineapple, Bang Bang Sauce, served on a White Bun $8.99 (Double Header), $6.29 (The Slugger) Over the past few weeks, I have been very busy with work and then on vacation road tripping to Nashville, Tennessee. So naturally on this road trip I had to get some burgers, and I decided to get multiple burgers at each stop to make up for all the weeks that I missed. The first burger I tried was the Double Header. In the easiest way to describe it, this was a burger patty smashed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Now this doesn't seem like the most creative burger in the world, but it was FUN burger. And it was REALLY good. The Dugout is a hidden gem in Texarkana, their burgers are great! Now while I would love to give this burger a lot of points, I have to take into consideratio

Walden War-Tejas Cafe

Tejas Cafe (Mariel's Deli) & (Walden Market) Montgomery, TX Tejas Burger Cheese, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilanto & Chipotle Mayo on a Jalapeno Bun (with Ketchup at Tejas Cafe Walden Market) $7 For this week, I had a friend recommend me a place to go but when looking up the place, I found that there were two of the same name on the same road and when I couldn't get a hold of said friend, I had a very tough decision to make. I either tried one and hoped it was the right one, or I TRY THEM BOTH. I got both, and therefore we have the War on Walden Road between the Two Tejas Cafes. Now both Tejas Cafes are within Shell gast stations on Walden road, one in the Shell that has "Mariel's Deli" and one that has "Walden Market". Before I start, I can tell there is some skepticism, "You want me to eat gas station food?" Trust me, I had THE SAME THOUGHT before I was led to this place, but holy shit was I wrong. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. Ri

Kat'z Deli

Katz's Deli Shenandoah, TX Carnegie Burger Bacon, Nosh Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites, Lettuce, & Tomato $13.99 I want to start by saying Merry Christmas to everyone (or anyone) who has followed me throughout this year and with the year coming to a close, I hope to close out on some strong burgers, and this one did not let me down on that. Katz's Deli is this 24/7 Deli/Restaurant that is in front of my neighborhood and despite driving by it all the time, I never stop, and now i regret it. They had a good selection of creative burgers, but the server said that this one is the most popular and one of his favorites, so I went ahead and took his word for it, and was not let down, but enough gushing over it, let's break it down! First of all, this thing is HUGE. I could only eat about half of it and had to save the rest to go, as you can see from the picture, it's just tall because of not only how thick the patty is, but because of