Skip to main content

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Nationwide
Bistro Burger
Applewood Smoked Bacon, Goat Cheese Crumbles, Caramelized Onions, Tomatoes, Spinach, Pickled Red Onions, Roasted Garlic Aioli
$13.75



While I really do try to not hit chains (and I feel I have been hitting them more and more lately), I am really glad that I went to this particular chain. BJ's may be more known for a place to go get some good craft beers, but for me, it is now known for a place to get a truly amazing burger!
BJ's surprisingly has a pretty good selection of burgers, the server tempted me to select this one, which honestly I might have been more leaning towards anyway just due to the sheer amount of different things it had on it.
To put this burger simply, there was a shit ton of flavor explosions happening in my mouth almost to which I didn't know what to give the "good" credit to. But first off, we all know that having Caramelized Onions makes ALMOST any burger better and this burger definitely utilized them well, and then they went and added on Pickled Red Onions as well, which I am not AS big of a fan of, but it was nice having the two contrasting flavors going on. Spinach was an interesting choice for the leaf of the burger, and while it was a refreshing change from normal shredded iceberg or leafs, there was nothing special about it.
Goat Cheese. Well it is not often that I get goat cheese, but this burger really did it well. Honestly I am a fan of any cheese except bleu cheese, but this goat cheese was really something I would love to get it on more burgers that I try.
The Applewood bacon was a little chewy for my preference and next time that I order this I may try to ask if I can get it cooked a little longer, but it was decent for what I expected from an establishment of this caliber.
The meat was FANTASTIC. It was thick BUT still juicy (so much that the bottom bun was totally full of juice by the end of it) and it crumbled apart when biting or pulling it apart which is great. I also felt like I tasted a decent amount of burger seasoning on the meat which as we can tell from previous reviews, I am a fan of.
Now while there was a lot of good, there was also one thing I was not a fan of. The Garlic Aioli. While I am sure the Garlic Aioli would have provided some great flavor to the burger, the cook really overloaded my buns with it to the point where there were multiple bites where I was just hitting giants pools of it and that was all I could taste. This did kind of kill a big part of the burger for me just because I know the burger was so good on the bites where it was appropriate, only to be ruined by bites where there was too much. While I am giving the burger a 4 based on the experience, if I returned and normal amount of ailoi (and crispy bacon) it could easily be a 4.5.

.


VERDICT: 4 out of 5 Stars.

And so the Chase continues…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dugout

The Dugout Texarkana, Arkansas Double Header & The Slugger Double Header-2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Single Patty The Slugger-Single with Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Pineapple, Bang Bang Sauce, served on a White Bun $8.99 (Double Header), $6.29 (The Slugger) Over the past few weeks, I have been very busy with work and then on vacation road tripping to Nashville, Tennessee. So naturally on this road trip I had to get some burgers, and I decided to get multiple burgers at each stop to make up for all the weeks that I missed. The first burger I tried was the Double Header. In the easiest way to describe it, this was a burger patty smashed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Now this doesn't seem like the most creative burger in the world, but it was FUN burger. And it was REALLY good. The Dugout is a hidden gem in Texarkana, their burgers are great! Now while I would love to give this burger a lot of points, I have to take into consideratio

Walden War-Tejas Cafe

Tejas Cafe (Mariel's Deli) & (Walden Market) Montgomery, TX Tejas Burger Cheese, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilanto & Chipotle Mayo on a Jalapeno Bun (with Ketchup at Tejas Cafe Walden Market) $7 For this week, I had a friend recommend me a place to go but when looking up the place, I found that there were two of the same name on the same road and when I couldn't get a hold of said friend, I had a very tough decision to make. I either tried one and hoped it was the right one, or I TRY THEM BOTH. I got both, and therefore we have the War on Walden Road between the Two Tejas Cafes. Now both Tejas Cafes are within Shell gast stations on Walden road, one in the Shell that has "Mariel's Deli" and one that has "Walden Market". Before I start, I can tell there is some skepticism, "You want me to eat gas station food?" Trust me, I had THE SAME THOUGHT before I was led to this place, but holy shit was I wrong. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. Ri

Kat'z Deli

Katz's Deli Shenandoah, TX Carnegie Burger Bacon, Nosh Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites, Lettuce, & Tomato $13.99 I want to start by saying Merry Christmas to everyone (or anyone) who has followed me throughout this year and with the year coming to a close, I hope to close out on some strong burgers, and this one did not let me down on that. Katz's Deli is this 24/7 Deli/Restaurant that is in front of my neighborhood and despite driving by it all the time, I never stop, and now i regret it. They had a good selection of creative burgers, but the server said that this one is the most popular and one of his favorites, so I went ahead and took his word for it, and was not let down, but enough gushing over it, let's break it down! First of all, this thing is HUGE. I could only eat about half of it and had to save the rest to go, as you can see from the picture, it's just tall because of not only how thick the patty is, but because of