Skip to main content

Pappa's BBQ

Pappa's BBQ
Nationwide
Hamburger
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion
$9.95



After seeing a good amount of posts about how good the burgers were here and literally driving by it everyday on my way to work, I decided to stop in and see what it was all about. Usually, when I go to a BBQ place, I tend to stick to their BBQ, and while that may change in the future for some BBQ joints, it will remain the same for this one.
Starting off, they don't have much variety going on (which is to be expected at a place that doesn't specialize in burgers) offering a basic hamburger, a cheeseburger, or a bacon cheeseburger. Seeing as how I didn't want to be distracted from the meat, I opted with the hamburger. But not having interesting options alone is going to hurt the score.
The burger was HUGE. As I write this a couple hours later, I can still feel it sitting in my stomach. You are without a doubt getting a big portion for your money (though for the price, I wouldn't expect anything less).
As the toppings go, you have your basic lettuce, tomato, and onions which don't earn them any points but if I'm being honest, I wasn't a fan of the onions. I am a fan of onions cut into rings and not diced, just in case there is too much onions, it's easier to take off. But that is a personal preference, so we will move on.
The meat of the article is for the meat of the burger and while this burger certainly HAD meat (2 large patties stacked on top of each other), I was a little conflicted on if I actually liked it. The patties were juicy and you could even taste that they had shared a grill with other meats as I tasted a hint of brisket which was a nice bonus, but when inspecting and tasting the meat by itself, it seemed to lack any flavorful seasoning, which is not something I would expect from a BBQ joint. Another knock on this particular burger (but maybe not all of them) is that my bottom patty was burnt pretty bad, making me a little disheartened while eating it, but I tried not to take that into consideration when eating it, because they were pretty busy.
Lastly, I actually enjoyed the bun (from what I could eat). It was a very big and soft bun with good flavoring, but it may have been too soft because near the end, the grease from the burger had totally annihilated it. But that just meant I got to east some tasty, greasy bread at the end!
As stated previously, while this burger can't compete with burgers that have all the bells and whistles, it was decent enough for a regular hamburger and is worth a try if  that's the kind of thing you are looking for.



VERDICT: 3 out of 5 Stars.

And so the Chase continues…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dugout

The Dugout Texarkana, Arkansas Double Header & The Slugger Double Header-2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Single Patty The Slugger-Single with Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Pineapple, Bang Bang Sauce, served on a White Bun $8.99 (Double Header), $6.29 (The Slugger) Over the past few weeks, I have been very busy with work and then on vacation road tripping to Nashville, Tennessee. So naturally on this road trip I had to get some burgers, and I decided to get multiple burgers at each stop to make up for all the weeks that I missed. The first burger I tried was the Double Header. In the easiest way to describe it, this was a burger patty smashed between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Now this doesn't seem like the most creative burger in the world, but it was FUN burger. And it was REALLY good. The Dugout is a hidden gem in Texarkana, their burgers are great! Now while I would love to give this burger a lot of points, I have to take into consideratio

Walden War-Tejas Cafe

Tejas Cafe (Mariel's Deli) & (Walden Market) Montgomery, TX Tejas Burger Cheese, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilanto & Chipotle Mayo on a Jalapeno Bun (with Ketchup at Tejas Cafe Walden Market) $7 For this week, I had a friend recommend me a place to go but when looking up the place, I found that there were two of the same name on the same road and when I couldn't get a hold of said friend, I had a very tough decision to make. I either tried one and hoped it was the right one, or I TRY THEM BOTH. I got both, and therefore we have the War on Walden Road between the Two Tejas Cafes. Now both Tejas Cafes are within Shell gast stations on Walden road, one in the Shell that has "Mariel's Deli" and one that has "Walden Market". Before I start, I can tell there is some skepticism, "You want me to eat gas station food?" Trust me, I had THE SAME THOUGHT before I was led to this place, but holy shit was I wrong. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. Ri

Kat'z Deli

Katz's Deli Shenandoah, TX Carnegie Burger Bacon, Nosh Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites, Lettuce, & Tomato $13.99 I want to start by saying Merry Christmas to everyone (or anyone) who has followed me throughout this year and with the year coming to a close, I hope to close out on some strong burgers, and this one did not let me down on that. Katz's Deli is this 24/7 Deli/Restaurant that is in front of my neighborhood and despite driving by it all the time, I never stop, and now i regret it. They had a good selection of creative burgers, but the server said that this one is the most popular and one of his favorites, so I went ahead and took his word for it, and was not let down, but enough gushing over it, let's break it down! First of all, this thing is HUGE. I could only eat about half of it and had to save the rest to go, as you can see from the picture, it's just tall because of not only how thick the patty is, but because of